- Survivors: Oreld, Jet, Rhyna, Aubrin, 1st-level adepts (2), 1st-level commoners (10), 1st-level warrior (3), 1st-level aristocrat (3) = Selviytyjiä 22 + teidän ryhmä
- Provisions: 5 Provision Points, Provision Points 3, 10 Provision Points, 8 Provision Points, Provision Points 3, 8 Provision Points, 5 Provision Points, Provision Points 4 = 46 Provisions
1 provision tarkoittaa ruokaa ja juomaa yhdelle hengelle yhdeksi päiväksi.
- Adept Skills (+4 näissä): Heal, Knowledge (religion), Spellcraft
- Aristocrat Skills (+4 näissä): Knowledge (history, local, or nobility), Sense Motive, Survival
- Commoner Skills (+4 näissä): Craft (any one), Handle Animal, Perception
- Expert Skills (+4 näissä): Craft (any two), Knowledge (dungeoneering, engineering, or geography), Profession (any one), Stealth, Survival
- Warrior Skills (+4 näissä): Handle Animal
Miten kyläläiset voivat auttaa:
- Assist: NPCs can assist a PC or NPC with any skill they’re trained in, automatically granting a +2 aid another bonus.
- Build Shelter: Creating a shelter for one Medium-sized creature requires a successful DC 12 Craft or Survival check. For every 2 points by which the result exceeds 12, the shelter can accommodate one additional Medium-sized creature. These shelters are simple and cold, but enough to prevent a character from being fatigued from lack of shelter.
- Craft: With access to the necessary tools, NPCs can craft finished goods for the PCs upon request, using the normal Craft skill rules (Core Rulebook 91).
- Forage or Hunt: Characters who spend a full day hunting or gathering and succeed at a DC 10 Survival check gain 1 Provision Point. Characters gain 1 additional Provision Point for every 2 by which the result exceeds 10.
- Herd: Phaendar’s sheep and goat herds were scattered in the attack, and many were lost in the Fangwood. NPCs can recover a single goat or sheep with a successful DC 16 Handle Animal check. Captive animals can be maintained with a single successful Handle Animal check (DC = 10 + the number of animals) per day. Neglecting to maintain the herd or failing this check indicates one or more animals have wandered off. A captive animal generates 1 Provision Point every 3 days in the form of milk (and eventually cheese or butter), or can be butchered to immediately provide 2 Provision Points.
- Scout: NPCs trained in Survival or Stealth can scout the area or keep an eye on Phaendar for the PCs. With a successful DC 10 Survival check, an NPC can either discover one point of interest in the area (such as an encounter location) or reduce the chances for a random encounter by 5%. An NPC who succeeds at this skill check by 5 or more can identify one danger in the area of the encounter (if any exist).
- Stand Watch: An NPC can stand watch, attempting Perception checks and even confronting danger while the PCs rest uninterrupted.
- Support: One or more NPCs can follow the PCs to assist them, carrying equipment, standing watch at temporary camps (see below), and providing skills the PCs may lack. NPCs hold back from combat, but should the PCs lose a fight, the NPCs attempt to drag their unconscious leaders to safety.
- Use Skill: NPCs can use any of their listed skills on the PCs’ behalf, such as using Handle Animal to train captured animals, Heal to provide long-term care, or Knowledge to answer questions for the PCs.
- Jet: Jet keeps the resources maintained, making sure the refugees use the most perishable items first and helping people pack balanced loads. She knows many stories and songs that she shares with the others. So long as Jet oversees the cooking, the camp generates 1 additional Provision Point each day.
- Oreld: Oreld gathers materials from the woods to make rudimentary potions. Every day, he can make 1 dose of bloodroot poison, one tanglefoot bag, or one vial of antitoxin, but doing so prevents him from working on any other tasks that day.
- Rhyna: She uses her herbalism training to find healing plants and savory herbs while foraging, and treats the small wounds the refugees suffer daily. Characters in the camp heal 1 additional hit point each night while they rest so long as Rhyna remains with the group.