Female Goblin Bard 5 (Arcane Healer); Fav. Class Bonus: +5 rounds of performance
Lawful Good Small Humanoid (Goblinoid)
Player Hattaratar (97341)
Campaign/Module: Tears at Bitter Manor
Senses Perception +8, Darkvision 60 ft.
AC 21, touch 14, flat-footed 18; (+5 armor, +2 shield, +3 Dex, +1 Size)
hp 33 (5d8+5)
Fort +3 (+1 base, +1 con, +1 resistance)
Ref +8 (+4 base, +3 dex, +1 resistance)
Will +5 (+4 base, +0 wis, +1 resistance)
Small (+1 size bonus to AC, -1 size penalty to combat maneuvers)
Well-Versed (+4 bonus on saving throws made against bardic performance, sonic, and language-dependent effects)
Str 10, Dex 16+, Con 12, Int 16 (14) Wis 10, Cha 14
Base Atk +3; CMB +2; CMD 15
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 Dagger, +8 (1d3+1, 19-20/x2, S or P)
Melee +1 Dagger, +10 (1d3+3, 19-20/x2, S or P); Inspire Courage!
Ranged Shortbow, +7 (1d4, x3, P or B)
Ranged Shortbow, +9 (1d4+2, x3, P or B); Inspire Courage!
- 10 x Medium +1 evil outsider bane arrows (For Cornelia: ± 0 to attack rolls vs. Evil Outsiders; 1d6+2d6+2 Damage vs. Evil Outsiders!)
- Channel Positive Energy 2d6 3/Day (DC 14)
- 30 ft. burst, heal all living creatures OR harm all undead creatures
- Bardic Performance: Standard Action to start; free to maintain; 19 rounds/day; +2 extra rounds after maintain ends.
- Distraction: Make each round a Perform (act) check; Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by an illusion (pattern) or illusion (figment) magical attack may use the bard's Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform skill check proves to be higher.
- Fascinate: Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the bard, and capable of paying attention to him. The bard must also be able to see the creatures affected. The distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents this ability from working. For every three levels the bard has attained beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with this ability.
Each creature within range receives a Will save (DC 14) to negate the effect. If a creature's saving throw succeeds, the bard cannot attempt to fascinate that creature again for 24 hours. If its saving throw fails, the creature sits quietly and observes the performance for as long as the bard continues to maintain it. While fascinated, a target takes a –4 penalty on all skill checks made as reactions, such as Perception checks. Any potential threat to the target allows the target to make a new saving throw against the effect. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a weapon at the target, automatically breaks the effect.
Fascinate is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability. Fascinate relies on audible and visual components in order to function.
- Inspire Courage: +2 morale vs. charm and fear saves, +2 competence on attack and weapon damage rolls
- Inspire Competence: +2 competence bonus on skill checks with a particular skill as long as long as target continues to hear the bard's performance
- Inspiring Healing: 2 performance rounds = Cure Light Wounds(Sp); Once per target per 24 hours.
Spells known (Slots per day)
- 2nd (3/day):
- Calm Emotions (Calms creatures, negating emotion effects.)
- Cure Moderate Wounds (Cures 2d8+5 hit points.)
- Heroism (50 mins; Gives +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks.)
- 1st (5/day):
- Cure Light Wounds (Cures 1d8+5 hit points.)
- Saving Finale (Subject rerolls failed saving throw.)
- Timely Inspiration (Gives +2 competence bonus on failed check/attack.)
- Restful Sleep (When sleeping, up to 5 targets heal Hit Points equal to twice their character level for 8 hours rest or three times their character level for 24 hours)
- Cantrips (at-will)
- Detect Magic (Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.)
- Know Direction (You discern north.)
- Light (Object shines like a torch.)
- Message (Whisper conversation at distance.)
- Open/Close (Opens or closes small or light things.)
- Read Magic (Read scrolls and spellbooks.)
Feats Weapon Finesse, Lingering Performance, Extra Channel
Skills (Ranks: 9*5=45); ACP: 0
- Acrobatics +9 (3)
- Bluff +3 (0); +1 Trait!
- Climb +4 (1)
- Diplomacy +4 (5); +1 Trait!
- Fly +5 (0)
- Know. (Arcana) +9 (1)
- Know. (Dungeoneering) +9 (1)
- Know. (Engineering) +9 (1)
- Know. (Geography) +9 (1)
- Know. (History) +9 (1)
- Know. (Local) +9 (1)
- Know. (Nature) +9 (1)
- Know. (Nobility) +9 (1)
- Know. (Planes) +9 (1)
- Know. (Religion) +9 (1)
- Linguistics +9 (4)
- Perception +12 (5)
- Perform (Act) +13 (5)
- Spellcraft +10 (5)
- Stealth +9 (1)
- Swim +4 (1)
- Use Magic Device +13 (5); Headband!
Languages Race: (Goblin) + Int: (Taldane, Draconic, Halfling) + linguistics: (Kelish, Shadowtongue, Varisian, Shoanti)
SQ Goblin (-2 str, +4 dex, -2 cha, Fast, Darkvision 60 ft., Over-Sized Ears: +4 Perception), Bardic Knowledge (+2), Bardic Performance 19 rounds/day (
Countersong, Distraction, Fascinate, Inspire Courage +2, Inspire Competence +2), Cantrips, Channel Energy 3/day, Well-Versed, Inspiring Healing
+1 Mithral Shirt (2.5),
+1 Buckler (2.5),
+1 Mithral Dagger (0.5),
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1),
Headband of Vast Intellect +2 (1),
Circlet of Persuasion,
20 Normal Arrows (1.5),
20 Blunt Arrows (1.5),
Scholar's Outfit (1.5),
Spring-Loaded Wrist Sheaths (1)
In Haversack (5) Bard's Kit (25.125 lbs; a backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a flint and steel, ink, an inkpen, an iron pot, a journal, a mess kit, a mirror, rope, soap, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin.), Holy Water x 2 (2)
In Wrist Sheaths Wand of Cure Light Wounds x 1, Holy Water x 1 (1)
Encumbrance 14.25 lb. without haversack, 19.25 lb. with haversack (Light: 0-24.75 lb./Medium: 24.76-49.5 lb./Heavy: 49.51-75 lb.)
- +1 Mithral Shirt (1600gp); Enhancement by W00-D47
- +1 Buckler (655gp); Enhancement by W00-D47
- +1 Mithral Dagger (1252gp); Enhancement by W00-D47
- Cloak of Resistance +1 (500gp); Crafted by W00-D47
- Handy Haversack (1000gp); Crafted by W00-D47
- Headband of Vast Intelligence (2000gp; Use Magic Device); Crafted by W00-D47
- Wand of Cure Light Wounds 50/50 (375gp); Crafted by W00-D47
- Circlet of Persuasion (2250gp+190gp for Eagle's Splendor); Crafted by W00-D47
- Cleric's Kit (16gp)
- Scholar's Outfit (free)
- Shortbow (30gp)
- Spring-Loaded Wrist Sheath x 2 (10 gp)
- 20 Normal Arrows (1gp)
- 20 Blunt Arrows (2gp)
- Holy Water x 3 (75gp)
Archetype: Arcane Healer (Faiths & Philosophies, pg.13)
Though bards may have different reasons for wanting to heal the sick and injured, both out of pure altruism and in order to keep adventuring companions safe, the ability to heal also makes it much easier for a bard to pose as a cleric or other divine healer, opening the door for a wide array of swindles and scams.
: At 2nd level, an arcane healer gains the ability to channel positive energy as a cleric of one level lower than his level. If a creature within the channeled energy’s area of effect would be allowed a save against its effects (DC 14). An arcane healer can use this ability once per day at 2nd level, gaining an additional use per day every four levels thereafter (6th, 10th, 14th, and 18th), to a maximum of 5 times per day at 18th level. This ability replaces versatile performance.
: At 5th level, an arcane healer gains the ability to expend rounds of his bardic performance to provide extra healing to his allies. By expending 2 rounds of bardic performance, an arcane healer can cast cure light wounds as a spell-like ability. At 11th level, the arcane healer can expend 2 rounds of bardic performance to cast cure moderate wounds as a spell-like ability. At 17th level, he may instead expend 2 rounds of bardic performance to cast cure serious wounds as a spell-like ability. No single target may be affected by an arcane healer’s inspiring healing ability more than once in a 24-hour period. This ability replaces loremaster.